On Feb 4, 10:50 am, the_undefined <haimu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @pcdinh: The source repository of CakePHP is primarily a tool meant to
> assist the *developers* of CakePHP, not the users. Those who wish to
> contribute to the development of CakePHP will find Git to be a more
> powerful and social tool than SVN.
>
> What personal need to you have to interact with CakePHP's SVN
> repository?

I interact with cakes svn repo because I use Git to sync my servers to
the latest version of Cake. With Git I can have my own modifications
and plugins
and merge with the latest Cake version, then easily push to my
servers. Thats why
I interact with the SVN repo. I guess there are other ways, but since
Git has built in
support for SVN its really simple to get the changes, merge with your
local changes and
push to all your servers.