Thanks for replying Brian. Actually I had a wrong link in there but
after fixing it I dont get the error message anymore. Now it just
renders my index page while the url still end in .pdf.

In my controller I got this:

        function forms() {
                $this->pageTitle = 'Fitness Lab : Forms';
                $this->set('page', 'forms');
                $this->set('pageName', 'Forms');
                $this->render('/fitness_lab/forms/index');
        }// end forms()

                                function health_questionnaire() {
                                                        $this->pageTitle =
'Fitness Lab : Forms : Health
Questionnaire';
                                                        // set page info
                                                        $this->set('page',
'forms');
                                                        $this->set('pageName',
'Health Questionnaire');
                                                        // set view file

$this->render('/fitness_lab/forms/health_questionnaire.pdf');
                                                }// end health_questionnaire()

Im not using a mode since the content is static.

In my views folder I have fitness_lab/forms.

My link in fitness_lab/forms/index looks like this

                        <?=$html->image('/img/logos/pdficon_small.gif',
array('class' =>
'pdficon')); ?></a>

If it helps heres a url to the page im working on.

http://www.networkfitness.com/nf_dev/fitness_lab/forms/

You can see that when you click on the download a form link that the
url displays correctly but the page does not render the pdf file.

Thanks!

justclint