On Feb 24, 11:48 pm, BrendonKoz <brendon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Can't Magento be used as a CMS as well?

Well, it _is_ a CMS, albeit a specialized one.

> Cake can also be used to
> manage certain areas of the other packages if you modify the useTable
> information.  There were a few blog posts I read when I was starting
> with CakePHP that discussed how to do it with Wordpress (for example).

There is a project called Jake - has Cake as a module to Joomla, but
the website hasn't been updated for two years.

> Personally, I like the ideas behind Expression Engine, though I've
> never tried it.  Honestly, since it uses CodeIgniter, it might be
> easier to fix errors with it too since CodeIgniter and CakePHP follow
> similar ideals (though still different enough to have a separate
> following).

I'll have a look at that. I'm really surprised there isn't more use of
MVC in CMSs (Whatever happened to the craze for TLAs? There was some
mention of Joomla using Cake, but that seems to have faded away.

> I would, however, be careful using too many separate applications for
> a single site.

I quite agree.

Leo