I'm so new in CakePHP but...

Routing.admin is an configuration value for define the prefix that
will use CakePHP for name and route the "admin" actions... i.e. if you
view the AuthComponent Class in the initialize function; CakePHP read
this value to determine how are called the "admin" CRUD actions and
add it to actionMap (for controller based ACL)...

it isn't a kind of "shortcut" to route whatever, this is an
configuration value

Regards