I have cleaned up tmp folder and I have debug level set to 2.  There is no
debug message but i get page not found.

I went to the following URL http://localhost/cake_1_2/posts/edit/2 and I get
this error:
The requested URL /cake_1_2/posts/edit/2 was not found on this server.

But I see add.ctp under /home/user/cake_1_2/app

The home page http://localhost/cake_1_2 works fine and shows all three posts.

Also do you have instructions for installing CakePhP on Ubuntu?.

Thanks,
Bharani