Hi there,

  I'm pretty new to CakePHP and I think this is probably a very simple
problem, but I'm not sure where I am going wrong.

  I am working on the add view for one of my models - Model1. The model
belongsTo another model (Model2), which in turn belongsTo a third model
(Model3). On the add view for Model1 I'm displaying a drop-down to select
its Model2, like this:

echo $form->input(model2_id');

  However, I also want to display a automagically populated drop-down for
Model3. I've tried a few things, like:

echo $form->input(Model2.model3_id');
echo $form->input(Model3.id');

  The first attempt displays the correct label ('Model3') and a textbox,
however I'd like a drop-down listing all Model3 records. I set the type of
the input to 'select', which then produced an empty HTML select.

  Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

  Thanks,

Toby