On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Max Granados <gatt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
> I want to now if someone knows how to call a function from another
> controller,  I have already tried
>
> $results = $this->WhateverModelIs->TheModelIWantToCall-
> >thefunctionIwanttocall($passeddata);
>
> but cake sends me this notice:
>
> Notice: Undefined property:  WhateverModelIs::$TheModelIWantToCall

Makes sense. You're trying to call a related model to WhateverModells when
your message states you're trying to call a function from another
*controller* (I'm confused).

You might be able to use requestAction() but it depends on what you're
trying achieve (requestAction() is not always recommended, as it can affect
performance when abused)

- Gonzalo