I think you should look into one of the methods using the Set class
when
combining results from a count query like this. I'm not sure exactly
which
set method you should use but maybe Set::combine.

http://book.cakephp.org/view/662/combine

I think there is nothing wrong with using a foreach to combine the
array,
but it seems like the best practice is to use the Set class in place
of for/foreach
loops. I came across this kind of problem before, and sometimes if
it's too
complicated to do it the cake way, I end up just using regular php and
sql
queries. Nothing wrong with that.