I have disabled all my css and tested this, so nothing weird there!

Basically I have a show ajax link and a hide link.  The show link
populates a div block and the hide simply hides it.  when I click hide
the page jumps down about 4 inches in IE 6.

Here is some code

echo $ajax->link('View Dogs',array
( 'controller'=>'dogs','action'=>'showlist',$clients['Client']
['id']),              array('update'=>'dogs',,'complete'=>'Element.show

onclick="Element.hide('dogs');">Hide</div>

Works fine in Firefox, firebug enabled even.

Thanks for any thoughts!
Amy