On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:12 PM, koala kid <alexhob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am fairly new to cake and I'm making some fixes for a client on a
> CMS tool someone developed for them using cake. I am trying to add a
> custom validation rule on one of the forms but if it fails the ID
> parameter in the URL is being lost and the edit fails to update.
>
> Do I have to explicitly pass the ID back along?

I doubt that validation has anything directly to do with it. I'm
guessing your action/method has an $id as a parameter and the form
action does not include it. If you're using $form->create() can you
post that? Also the method itself. It's possible that it's being set
the first time around but, when validation fails and the form is
re-displayed, the ID var isn't set again.