I don't see any real "advantage" in any of the listed so called
advantages.

>Referential integrity (ACID Consistency)
Doesnt matter, the file is there or not in the FS.

>Ease of backup
Also just one command to pack the files with your favorit compression
programm.

>Saving of Inodes
A FS does this similar to manage itself, as the article also states.
No (dis-)advantage at all, its necessary.

>Easy categorisation
See below storage of meta data

>No Name collisions
UUID

>Storage of Meta Data (data about data)
You store the info about the file in the database, not the file, and
get it when it is uploaded. You make the database faster by not
storing the files inside of and and just its meta data.

>Central point of operations
APP/files

>Replication over multiple servers
Unnecessary by using the FS on a good RAID driven storage system. You
can also mount each directory from another server. I dont see any
advantage for the DB here. Neither speed wise nor by an easier backup.