Well, I think I don't undestand very well what are you trying to do,
I use requestAction in an proyect Im working.

$results = $this->requestAction('/diferentController/function/'.
$parameter);

and in that function I validate and work with the info, as a tip
requestAction doesn't accept or return arrays without numeric indexes,
so keep in mind that.

hope this come handly for you.