You're using the standard PHP mail function. You should consider the
Cake EmailComponent, instead. Have a look here:

http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/brief-overview-of-the-new-emailcomponent
http://dsi.vozibrale.com/articles/view/using-emailcomponent-in-cakephp-1-2
and, of course ...
http://book.cakephp.org/view/176/email