DebugKit does not use any jQuery.  If you are not getting the toolbar
to display, you should check the following.

1. Your HTML output, is the toolbar source there.
2. Your Html output, is the CSS/JS for the toolbar there?
3. If you set $this->view in action or beforeRender you will not see
the toolbar.

Other than that if you have a reproducible ( as in I can get it to
happen for me) issue please file a ticket and I'll be happy to fix
it :)

-Mark