Hi!!
Sorry, I don't know a proper subject for my problem.

So here is an example: In my website I have categories. These
categories are managed by the administrator and then used inside the
"frontend" for the normal user. The user can not change these
categories.

Now I have a lot of categories and therefore I thought, that it is
unnecessary, that every user performs a complete "find("all")" to get
all the categories, because they stay the same, as long as the
administrator does not changes them (and that does not happen very
often).

So I thought about a "exporting" the whole object with all the
categories in it.

Right now I am doing this: When the administrator changes a category I
perform a "find("all")"  and then serialize the result and put the
resulting string in a PHP file, that I can then include inside the
user pages.

So the user does not have to find the categories in the database, but
only "unserializes" the string in that exported PHP file.

Well, nice idea, I thought, but then I had to find out, that it takes
actually a long to time to unserialze that huge string.

Does anyone has an idea, how to "export" large objects with a lot of
entries, so that a user can use these entries without accessing the
database?

Eh, does anyone understand, what I mean?
Do I? :-)

Greetings!
Marcus