The pages on my website are hierarchicaly structured as a tree, and
one of the mandatory requests for the website is to represent the page
hierarchy in the URLs. The pages and their relationships are defined
in a database table. So, what I would like to do is query the database
(and cache the results - if I understood correctly, CakePHP makes such
caching possible) and generate custom routes according to the page
paths.

For an example, this is the hieararchy (I know it's deep, but just to
draw the picture) for a targeted page which has its own controller:
Page1 -> Page2 -> Page3 -> TargetedPage

Id like to have the address looking like this:
www.example.com/page1/page2/page3/targeted-page,
so 'page1/page2/page3/targeted-page' would be the matching url for the
page controller. The default Cake's setup doesn't work very well for
me here.

I know writing a simple query breaks the MVC principles, so is using a
controller and an appropriate model the right way to do this?