I am setting a variable value that in app_controller beforeFilter, and
I would like to access it in all child controllers beforeFilter
function.

class AppController extends Controller {
  var $components = array('Auth');
  var $uses = array('User');

  $auth_id =  $this->Auth->user('id');
  if ( $auth_id ) {
    $auth_role = $this->User->getRole($auth_id);

class XController extends AppController {
  (...)
  function beforeFIlter() {
    parent::beforeFilter();
    if ($auth_role == "calibrator") {
       (...)

When I call a method in XController. I get an $auth_role not defined
error. Is there a way to pass the variable value to the child
controller?
Thanks