In your /app/config/bootstrap.php file, before the ending ?> (if the
file contains one), use the following PHP code:

date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York');

You can find your OWN area's timezone by checking the examples from
http://php.net/timezones - just switch the string in the function call
with your own timezone.  It *should* fix the inserted datetime to be
what you expect.