Hello Beedge,

I think you will find this information here
http://book.cakephp.org/view/96/Layouts,
but what you must to create a new layout on app/view/layouts/
beedge.ctp setting the var "$content_for_layout" in the place where
you want to wrap the content rendered by the views. You still can set
$title_for_layout and $scripts_for_layout. After that you must to set
the attribute $layout on your controller or action like this:

<?php

class ProductsController extends AppController
{

  var $layout = "beedge";

  public function index()
  {
    $events = array();

    # ...
  }

  public function view()
  {
        $this->layout = "another_by_beedge";
        #...

# app/controllers/products_controller.ctp