I just checked the source code, and CakePHP checkes for elements under
each specified path, in the elements directory, so it should work, if
you specify the view path to for example: "\mycommonparts\views" and
all my common elements are placed in "\mycommonparts\views\elements"
then it should work!

Check out the source code at:
"http://api.cakephp.org/view_source/view/#line-331";

Enjoy,