Ah, okay I understand what you mean now.  It looks like you're doing
this in the model; am I correct on that?  It should probably be set as
a custom validation for the particular field(s) you are concerned
about.  Since you didn't paste all of your code (you don't need to)
I'll just hope that's what you're doing. :)  If not, you can find that
information in the cookbook:
http://book.cakephp.org/view/150/Custom-Validation-Rules

If you're not already, you may also want to use the Security
Component.