I have been running the ySlow feature to improve performance and up to a B
rating and things are loading much faster.

i used the minify helper as in the Bakery but it shows, i have echo
$minify->js('prototype', 'scriptaculous', 'effects'); in my layout.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do something like this echo
$minify->js($scripts_for_layout);? Since i do not want to load up the layout
with scripts that are not needed for the majority of the site? I tried
echo $minify->js($scripts_for_layout); and it did not work.

Basically if I could put the scripts needed in the view files as normal and
pass them to the layout would be the ideal solution.

Any ideas how if this is possible?

Thanks,

Dave