Halo again,

I checked out private methods and tried putting the codes into 2
private methods, calling them from the main controller function.
Unlike what I feared, the variables declared in the private method are
available in the main controller as well and that saves a lot of time
(the code looks better now although I'll need more time to reorganize
everything)

Brett: Yes I heard of the concept before and make research about it.
Putting the codes in model and calling them from the controller isn't
ideal right now. I'm continuing someone else work and if I do this, it
will be different from the rest of the application. Nevertheless, I
will adopt this practice in my future application.

For other people (newbies like me) who have the same problem, let me
recap this:

You have hundreds of lines of code in a single function and they're
messy.
You wanted to reorganize without spending too much time reworking them
and without breaking a huge application.
Solution: break the codes into several function and call the
subfunction from the main function. (Calling private method from the
public method) in the controller. If you can, put the code in the
model instead of controller and call it from the controller instead:

Controller code:
$this->Model->whateverFunctionName(whatever variable needed);