I want checkboxes displaying all users in my database.

For example:
In my app some users can add new documents and they can choose which
users have the right to see the docs.

So in my fileupload form I want to add checkboxes showing all users.
But this doesn´t work.
In the documentation of CakePHP I see that:
# $form->input('Model.field', array( 'type' => 'select', 'multiple' =>
'checkbox' ));

So I put this code in my app:
       echo $form->input('User.name', array(
                'label'         =>      'Users',
                'type'          =>      'select',
                'multiple'      =>      'checkbox'
But the output only is the value of the label: Users

What´s the failure?