On May 9, 8:19 pm, rartavia <royarta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $this->Email->smtpError throws error: "550-(cake) [<ipaddress>] is
> currently not permitted to relay through this 550-server. Perhaps you
> have not logged into the pop/imap server in the last 30 550 minutes or
> do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your email client."

I haven't used the Email component yet, but I did notice that with the
newest version of cake (1.2.3.8166) there was a fix for the Email
component. Specifically, instead of sending a hardcoded "HELO cake",
this newest version will send "HELO " and then the value of the 'host'
smtpOption. This may or may not fix your problem, but I thought it
might be worth mentioning since it seems like it may be comparing that
HELO string against their host name.

Otherwise, perhaps it might be due to the "from" address you're using.
Is the domain on the "from" email address the same as the domain of
the smtp host you're using to send the email? If it's not the same, I
know some smtp servers will disallow "from" and smtp host domains that
do not match, since that is how spammers (used to?) send bulk email
from bogus addresses.