I have two models, Content and Score. The Score model has a reference
to a User (user_id) the Content model (content_id). Therefore, there
can be many Scores associated with Content. So far, this is sounding
like a cut-and-dry Content -> hasMany -> Score association, right?

Now, when I retrieve Contents, I only want the Score associated with a
particular user; namely, the currently logged-in user. Ideally, I
would want a hasOne relationship based on the user_id of the user that
is logged in. However, the only way to find out that user_id is from
one of my controllers, and you can't use controller logic in a Model.

These are the following solutions I have come up with:

1) Create a hasMany association in Content and pass user_id in the
parameters of all of my find(...) function calls
2) Create a hasMany association in Content, make the Content use the
Containable behavior, and call Content->Contain('Score.user_id =
$user_id')
3) Use bindModel(...) to add the association to the Content model in
the controllers that use it

Is there a better way I should be going about this?

Thanks,
Dan