Hej all!

Since my good advice just ago, I got to another bottleneck.

I have a form in which the user selects two times (a start- and an end-
time). The form works perfectly and the times get stored in the table
as hh:mm:ss.

However, I have a 3th row in the database that must hold the elapsed
time between the two form-inputted times. I want the computer to
calculate this. I figured I must do this in in the controller, I can
of course even do after the $this->Model->save() action with a
saveField, just before the redirect.

However, I cannot seem to find a good example of making that function.
I'm not sure how i get my timestamp back from the form, if they are
simply substractable and how to store it back in the table.

If it makes matters easier, elapsed time can be stored as an integer
holding seconds between times in the table, I can probably calculate
those back in elapsed minutes/hours in a later view of the table.

Any idea's or links to examples of working with Timestamps? It always
boggles me!