Hi,

I have again read backwards and forwards through the www to find a
solution for my problem. I am sure that there is other people running
into the same issue. How do you guys solve it?

All I want is a link saying "Add article to watchlist" which than, if
the User is logged in writes it into the DB, Article gets shown again
and link changes to "In watchlist" and if User is not logged in
redirects to the Login Window with a message that you need to be
logged in to use this feature. All this should happen with AJAX. My
normal login is happening with Auth. and the typical stuff in the
beforeFilter() of the app_controller. In the watchlist controller I
have added

function beforeFilter() {
        parent::beforeFilter();
        $this->Auth->deny('addToWatchlist');
}

It should be very common and sometimesI think that maybe I am
searching for the wrong topic. Can anyone give me an advice? Thanks so
much.