Hi Bharani,
Read through the cakephp cookbook http://book.cakephp.org

More specifically the section on auth:
http://book.cakephp.org/view/172/Authentication

Pointers: <http://book.cakephp.org/view/172/Authentication>
 - set up the Auth component in your app_controller and add setup settings
in the beforeFilter() function
 - set which pages you are allowed anonymous access to using
$this->Auth->allow('index', 'posts', 'etc', 'etc); (in beforeFilter())
 - add login() and logout() functions to your controller(s) you wish to do
auth...

the cookbook has rather detailed explanations

bryan