It really isn't feasible to use a select input since a project I am
working on is likely to produce a large amount of tags. I basically am
looking to create something akin to wordpress where when a new "post"
is created, there is a single text box where you can enter tags with
comments. If they do not exist they are created at the same time.

I have searched around for any help/information relating to this but
haven't really found anything. Before I try and put something together
myself if anybody knows of a "cake" way of doing this, or any links
that could help it would be appreciated!

Thanks.