On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Miles J <mileswjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sadly enough, tons of people still use PHP4.
> But dont worry, I believe 1.3 (or maybe it was 2.0) will be pure PHP
> 5.
>
> On May 28, 3:14 am, devportals <balasa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi friends,
>> I couldn't understand why cake still support php-4?
>> Don't u think going with pure php-5 way will make cake more robust?

I'm sorry if it's a "dumb newbie" question, but what
features *exactly* do we expect in a pure-PHP5 Cake ?

The main thing what I miss is a native sqlite3 driver.
But the ticked #3003 works fine.  I used ZF too and
magic methods is not a real need to me.  In my
applications I still haven't any serious PHP4 specific
performance or security issues either.

My serves already are PHP5 but I still prefer using
CakePHP.

Best regards.

--
MARCELO DE F. ANDRADE