I'm starting to get my head around the containable stuff, but am
having problems with this. I have a simple "view" action, which shows
an overview of a category and related "tips". "Tips" belong to a
"Site".

I.e. Category -> Tip -> Site.

What I'm trying to do is show the site name in the table with the rest
of the data (the field is a name field). This works fine with
recursive set to 2, but I want to reduce the number of queries by
using containable, since it is overkill otherwise. I can get the FK
field to show up no problem, but the "site.name" gives this error:

Notice (8): Undefined index:  name [APP\views\categories\view.ctp,
line 54]

I suspect I am not implementing the join correctly somehow. Or is it a
problem with the code in the view? I am referencing the field like
this:

$category['Site']['name'];

I have tried a few variations on the code below, including nesting
etc. would be very grateful for any assistance.

$data = $this->Category->find('first', array(
                                'fields' => array(
                                        'Category.name',
'Category.description'
                                ),
                                'conditions' => array(
                                        'Category.slug' => $slug
                                ),
                                'contain' => array(
                                        'Tip' => array(
                                                'fields' => array(
                                                        'Tip.site_id',
'Tip.id', 'Tip.name', 'Tip.description', 'Tip.created', 'Tip.expires',
'Tip.rating', 'Tip.slug'
                                                )
                                        ),
                                        'Site' => array(
                                                'fields' => array(
                                                        'Site.name',
'Site.id', 'Site.slug', 'Site.category_id'
                                                ),
                                        )
                                )
                        ));

        $this->set('category', $data);

If anybody has a working example of a recursive 2 replicated with
containable I would love to see it.

Thanks