> If so - why it's like that? Is it some backward compatibility? Because
> it's seems a little bit weird.

I am not The One who rules whole world, my friend. And I don't like
general 'why' questions too :) because I am not mindreader to be sure
why it seems weird to you.

Names of subfolders in app/locale folder are also not language
shortcuts. If you will read my previous post carefully, you will
notice word localeFallback in there - one of things which will be
adressed by future releases of CakePHP, so stay tuned.

> > >                 $pages = $this->ArticleVersion->ArticlePage->find('all',
> >
> > It sounds to me like you are doing it in ArticleVersion::beforeFind()
> > instead of AppModel::beforeFind(), or your custom
> > ArticlePage::beforeFind() is not calling parent::beforeFind(). Could
> > you confirm that?
>
> I definitely have this AppModel::beforeFilter and have no beforeFilter
> in ArticleVersion now (tried with explicit call parent::beforeFilter
> in ArticleVersion::beforeFilter but it was no difference).

Please, read my answer thoroughly. You are calling find() method of
ArticlePage model, but still talking about changes in ArticleVersion
model. And even worse: about not existing model's callback.