@Chris

I started this code this morning after seeing your article. Two things
bothered me...one was the use of "send" and the second was the
disregard for the HttpSocket class. Also, the real benefit of a
datasource is its integration with the model, which means we need to
implement several methods to ensure proper communication between the
model and datasource.

CouchSource: http://bin.cakephp.org/view/925615535
CouchSourceTest: http://bin.cakephp.org/view/480527096

This should get us closer to a complete datasource implementation for
Cake+Couch, but still has some ways to go.

Hope this helps.