Hey,

I'm about to start on a project that, for all intents and purposes,
will be a free webhost. I also want to learn to use CakePHP and I
think this will be a great time to do it. But there are a few issues I
want to get sorted before I start anything:

Users will be assigned a username, and their website will be
accessible from some subdirectory on the free host. I'm thinking
CakePHP can handle this - like FREEHOST.COM/VIEW/USERNAME. But users
also have the option of purchasing a domain like USERNAME.COM. (I will
own the domain and it can point to my server or whatever.) How can I
make the domain point to the subdirectory?

Also, each user will be able to choose their own layout. I'm a total
Cake noob - is there a way to implement this easily through Cake? I
want to run everything under one Cake install.

Basically what I am asking is: what is the best way to set everything
up with the following features?

- Every user has a subdirectory with their own layout, content, etc
- User can purchase a domain which points to their subdirectory
- All under only one Cake install

Thanks very much for your help.