From: John Andersen [mailto:j.andersen...@gmail.com]
Sent: June-12-09 3:27 AM
To: CakePHP
Subject: Re: Relationship question

Investors
- id

Posts
- id
- investor_id (mandatory)
- employee_id (optional)

Employees
- id
- investor_id (mandatory)

That's all, no post_id in employees! The belongsTo definition in the Post
model, does not require a foreign key in the Employee model! :) The Investor
/ Post relationship is a master / detail relationship.
The same goes for the Employee / Post relationship, except that it is not
mandatory!
   John

On Jun 11, 5:03 pm, "Dave Maharaj :: WidePixels.com"
<d...@widepixels.com> wrote:
> Right.
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> So to make this work with the relations you out lined below if I add
> employee_id to the posts table , creates employees tables with
> investor_id post_id that should do it for db changes? Add the
> employees controller/model and add the relationshis to the other models
Investor / Posts.

> Thanks again.
>
> Dave
[snip]