Sure it is... I found this little tutorial for as2.. not really my area of
expertise though
http://www.tutorialhelpdesk.com/tutorials/web-development/php/php-and-flash/how-to-pass-variables-from-flash-to-php-using-post.html

I guess the auth component could work (haven't really used it)... after all,
the controller's action handles everything and is the one that is receiving
the POST values (be sure to name them something like Model.attr in flash)