Hendry,

Thanks for responding. I used firebug to find the following:
In the console, I see 2 requests
first one is aPOST, second is a GET

for the POST the request headers are:
Host

localhost

User-Agent

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/
2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 (.NET CLR
 3.5.30729)

Accept

*/*

Accept-Language

en-us,en;q=0.5

Accept-Encoding

gzip,deflate

Accept-Charset

ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

Keep-Alive

300

Connection

keep-alive

Content-Type

application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8

X-Requested-With

XMLHttpRequest

Referer

http://localhost/ck4/app/webroot/index.php

Content-Length

29

Cookie

CAKEPHP=fugu87s6t2ugpn2a9t6dnblpo2

the POST data is:

ajax

true

id

usa

So clearly the data is getting posted, but I am not able to access it
(or not accessing it the right way)
I tried $_POST, $this->params['form']['id'], etc to no avail.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

joe