Hello All,

Greetings of the day!

I want to develop some robust application in CAKE PHP. I would like to
use Joomla module idea in it. Let me clear what is Joomla module, who
are not familiar with Joomla. Joomla module is logic with interface
which can placed at multiple pages at well defined position of the
pages. We can easily make it enable/disable it and change it position
any time. For e.g. “online friends” is one module which can be placed
in different pages at well defined position.

 would like same thing to develop in CAKE PHP to accomplish below goal
•       We can create module by simply adding files and db entries
•       We would have generalized function to load modules but once I want
to create new module than I need not require to touch my controller’s
logic, just need to db entry and adding necessary files
•       We can easily enable/disable modules to any page by db may be using
flag

Now my questions
1)      What would be best things in cake php to create this kind of
module? Whether I should go with helper or anything else?
2)      I am open for suggestions/discussions. Please send me your views/
ideas to accomplish above goals.

Thanks in advance. :)

Best Regards,
Shadab Shaikh