I was wondering what type of apps you all build?

Mainly, do you mostly build:
1. hosted applications (e.g. Bakery, TheChaw, Backpack...), hosted in
a single place where every user has an account in the same "instance"
of the application.
or
2. distributable applications (e.g. Neutrino, Wordpress, phpbb),
people (buy) download the code and run on their own server.

For myself, my day-job is building an application that is hosted by us
but I still build it like a distibutable app. Then I muck about with
dynamically loading configs and stuff to simplify deployment of new
"instances". My hobby application (the main one) is a distributable
app that I am thinking of re-coding as a hosted app.

It seems that most successful apps these days are hosted services so i
am curious what my fellow bakers are doing.