How about you send the current task id as a parameter to the "add" action in
the "note" controller (as in 'app/note/add/3'... or something a bit better
looking)... then just put it in a hidden field?
There's also the adding the current task id to the session and retrieving it
when adding a note.. but I believe the first method is far more simple