Selenium is quite well suited for functional testing, and has a huge
amount of features, and doesn't require you to write tests in XML
(*shudder*) or in Groovy (dying language).
You can even get distributed testing up & running quickly enough,
which offsets the test time & allows you to test as many browsers as
you have access to.

http://seleniumhq.org/
http://selenium-grid.seleniumhq.org/

-j.