I have the confirm password working now, but if another field fails
validation the passwords entered becomes ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●● in both password and confirm
, meaning the user now has to re-enter the password even if there was no
problem with the confirmation between the 2.

I can set the fields to be empty if validation fails anywhere, but still
leaves the user entering them over again, which is not ideal

How an it be set so they remain what the user typed?

Thanks,

Dave