Cool... following that thread you pointed out I realized that I've done
all that already following Mark Story's blog post [1]. I  was really
hoping for a better way to autocomplete models for controllers, have
you made any progress in that area? As apps grow it becomes a real
burden to keep updating thoes phpDoc blocks to get autocomplete to work.
I think cake's dynamic loading of models doesn't really help in that area.
Anyway, thanks for the link and I look forward to your article.

[1] http://mark-story.com/posts/view/code-completion-for-cakephp-in-eclipse