Hi

I'm new to CakePHP and maybe it's a very stupid question. But I don't
hope so :)
My question is: How to use a group by clause with paginate()? Here's a
short description of my project:

Table 'news':
Id, title, ...

Table 'comments':
Id, news_id, ...

I want to query all news with the number of comments, which are
related to this news-entry.

After baking I got the following code:

function index() {
    $this->News->recursive = 0;
    $this->set('news', $this->paginate('News'));
}

After reading the API (http://api.cakephp.org/class/controller#method-
Controllerpaginate) I think, that I have to do this with some
additional constructions.
I thought of querying all number of comments with the related news-id:

SELECT news_id, count( * ) AS counter
FROM comments
GROUP BY news_id

This results in an easy-to-use table, which could be placed in an
array. Then I could access the count with the news_id as a key.

Is this a good idea in the world of CakePHP and how can I realize it?

Thanks a lot