Some time ago I use the bread crumb functionality of HtmlHelper
without a great deal of difficulty.

Now, a year or so on, I'm at it again. This time I'm developing in a
full release (previously it was RC2 or RC3) and it doesn't seem to
work. I don't have access to my previous code for reference.

The symptoms are that when I addCrumb, the $html->_crumbs array
appears to be created anew. The crumbs array seems to be going out of
scope.

The following code fragment from an_element.ctp:

debug($html->_crumbs);
        $html->addCrumb($this->name,$this->params['url']['url']);
debug($html->_crumbs);

yields this output:

Array
(
)

Array
(
    [0] => Array
        (
            [0] => Proposals
            [1] => proposals/view/5
            [2] =>
        )

)

I'm a bit confused here and would appreciate any pointers to what I'm
failing to do.