Hi Broom,

In our case it was the custom PHP installation on that server, there
were a number of bugs in php 5.2.0 and below preg_replace function
which caused this error.  We did not have the ability to install a
later version of PHP so had to fix the inflector::underscore()
function in order for cakephp to work on that machine.

Check you php version is later than 5.2.0 else I can send you a copy
of the inflector code to try.

Brett.

----
wiltonsoftware.com