Hi

I'm having troubling doing the following:
I have a table for categories that actsAs tree and I use the tree
helper along with
some javascript to generate a multi level drop down menu.
I would like to have this menu appearing in all pages, which (i guess)
means that
i have to include it in a layout.
The call looks like that <?=$tree->generate($stuff, array('class' =>
'sf-menu' , 'element' => 'thisone'));?>

The problem is that I generate the $stuff array using the
categoriesController. How can I put
this function on a layout (making them available everywhere) and pass
the data from the Controller to that function.

thanks