Hi all,

I've run into a little trouble, which I can't seem to get myself out
of: for certain user input, I want to Sanitize::html() the input when
echoing in my template. So far so good, the Sanitize class does its
job pretty good. Unfortunately, I really like the HtmlHelper::autolink
method for this kind of input too, so people's input gets linked
automatically.

Is there any way of achieving this, combining the two methods? In my
case, it works well, until I enter a url with characters that
Sanitize::html() cleans up; unfortunately, some of these chars are
valid characters for a url (like '&', or '-'), and cleaning text like
this renders the urls useless.

For example: a url like http://www.test-test.com will get malformed to
http://www.test&/#45;test.com when doing a $html->autolink
(Sanitize::html($url));

What's the best way to deal with this, preferably without sacrificing
on CakePHP's excellent html helper or Sanitize class?

Thanks,

Jeroen