Hi!

You only changed the class names, include-links and the debug-function from
PEARs to Cakes.

I'm trying to get it to work in Cake 1.2, I had set Config::Debug to 0. So
Excel displays an spreadsheet with everything in it, but following error:
"Data error: Maybe data got lost"

When I set debug to 2, I'm getting following debug message:
Notice (8): Undefined property: ExcelWriter::$filename in
[APP/views/helpers/excel.php, line 216]

and following error message:
Warning (2): file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in
[APP/views/helpers/excel.php, line 216]

The problem seems to have something to do with the temp file, in the
original ExcelWriter class saves the filename, but the ExcelHelper (which
extends the ExcelWriter) seems to miss that (if I understodd it right):
[code lang=PHP]function ExcelWriter($filename = '') {
  $this->_filename = $filename;
  $this->ExcelWorkbook($filename);
}[/code]
and  ExcelHelper extends ExcelWriter
[code lang=PHP]function ExcelHelper($filename = 'data.xls') {
    $this->workbook =& new ExcelWriter();
    $this->workbook->setTempDir(TMP."cache");

    $this->workbook->setVersion(8); // Set workbook to Excel 97 (for UTF-8
support)
}[/code]

Any ideas how that should be solved or what's wrong?

thx
Gaius